Monday, December 28

The New Year


Well, the Holidays put a bit of a damper on the whole new eating plan. Not that I overate, but that I didn't give all aspects of it the attention I should have and to have any success at weight loss, I really have to pay attention to everything and make sure I follow through. So, with my cool new Iphone that my hubby got me for Xmas, I have downloaded all kinds of Apps to help me get restarted. There are apps for everything! Along with a scrabble game, I now have a calorie counter with nutritional info and food log and exercise log, a pedometer that is very accurate and a beginner yoga stretching routine. I've been doing the morning walk with the pooch but then going out for a brisk 2 miles by myself since I don't have to stop to sniff or pee every ten yards. Using the pedometer along with my Iphone tunes keeps me motivated and counting everything that goes in my mouth is the best way to keep track. I plan on doing the yoga routine a few times a week to get more flexible. I've been feeling my age lately.
What is also a big help is that my husband has agreed to do this plan with me. So, I am tracking his calories since I am the one who makes his food and hopefully we can encourage each other and be able to live longer with each other. I know it won't be easy for him but I hope he knows it will be worth it as he starts to slim down and feel better. And knowing someone is depending on my help, I am more apt to work harder for myself. So, I'll try to check back in here more often and let you know how it's going.

No comments: